With the increased number of COVID-19 cases in Allegheny and surrounding counties, it is strongly recommended that you DO NOT take your family member out of Baptist Homes for an outing or visit.
COVID-19 can cause serious health complications, heart and lung failure, hospitalization and possibly death. We will work with you to schedule virtual visits and, when allowed, Chapel visits to reduce risk of COVID-19 exposure. Not having symptoms does not mean you do not have COVID-19. A significant number of COVID-19 positive individuals never experience symptoms.
If you must take your family member out of this community for a visit or outing, here are some tips to help keep your family member safe.
– Wear a mask in group settings and anytime you leave the house.
– Wear a mask while in a vehicle.
– Wear a mask when shopping and stay 6 feet away from other shoppers.
– Wear a mask when entering, leaving and moving around a restaurant.
– Maintain a physical distance of at least 6 feet from other people as much as possible.
– Wash hands or use hand sanitizer after touching areas such as doors, doorknobs, tables,
chairs, checkout pin pads or any area or item that is touched by multiple people.
– Avoid close personal contact such as hugging and kissing.
– Avoid large crowds of 10 or more people.
– Avoid prolonged visits (overnight or multiple days) or repeated exposure to multiple people.
– Avoid traveling to a state that is on the Pennsylvania Department of Health high risk states list. Pennsylvania asks that visitors from states with “a high amount of cases” to self-quarantine for 14 days.
Watch your family member for any signs of COVID-19 infection such as:
– Sore throat
– Congestion or runny nose
– Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
– Gastrointestinal upset such as diarrhea or upset stomach
– Recent loss of taste or smell
Please note, on return from their outing or visit, your family member WILL BE required to isolate for 14 days. Being placed in isolation may require your family member to move to another room or possibly to another community for the 14 days. Fourteen days is the incubation period for COVID-19 and the isolation reduces the risk to other Baptist Homes residents and staff.
If you have questions, please contact: Rick Schlor at 412-489-3564 Skilled Nursing Kim Salvio at 412-489-3566 Personal Care